- 2 c butter
- 2 c sugar
- 4 c ap flour
- ½ t salt
- 3 t baking powder
- 6 whole eggs
- 4 t vanilla
- 1 ½ c buttermilk
- 1 ½ c unsalted butter
- 6 c powdered sugar
- 1 t unsweetened cocoa
- ½ t vanilla
- 1 T coffee
- 1 t salt
- Preheat oven to 325
- In a mixer cream butter until smooth.
- Add sugar until well incorporated.
- Add eggs one at a time making sure each egg is incorporated before you crack the next.
- Add vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, sift flour, baking powder and salt.
- Alternate between buttermilk and dry ingredients into creamed butter and sugar.
- Pour into 2- 6” pans and 2-8” pans and bake for 25- 30 mins.
- In a mixing bowl add butter and cream until smooth.
- Add cocoa, vanilla, coffee, and salt until well incorporated.
- Add powdered sugar one cup at a time.
- Mix until smooth.