Lunchbox DIY Tacos
Build-your-own tacos with a side of fresh fruit — like Lunchables, but tastier.
- 8 whole wheat tortillas
- 2 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, sliced in quarters
- 1 cup baby spring mix
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup strawberries, sliced in half
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375. Cut tortillas into 3-inch circles and light brush one side with olive oil. Place tortillas into muffin tin, olive oil side down, making sure the bottoms are flattened. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until crisp. Let cool in pan and then remove.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon. olive oil over medium high heat in a skillet. Add the ground beef and break into crumbles. Add the cumin, garlic powder, salt, pepper, oregano, black pepper, onion powder, and paprika, and stir to combine. Cook until well browned and cooked through, about 6-8 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside, allowing to cool.
- Pack the cooled taco meat, tortilla taco cups, tomatoes, lettuce, cheese, and fruit separately into the lunchbox.