- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons milk
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 cups Dried Macaroni
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cups old cheddar, shredded plus extra
- 4 soft boiled eggs, peeled
- Vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 panko bread crumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- Cook the macaroni as directed on the package in boiling salted water.
- In an ovenproof skillet over medium heat, melt your butter and then sprinkle in the flour. Stir together until a paste has formed. Pour in milk and stir until the mixture thickens and there are no lumps. Turn of the heat. Whisking constantly, mix in cheese and some salt until everything is melted and well blended.
- Drain the macaroni and place in a large bowl. Add to the cheese sauce. Let cool to room temperature.
- On a piece of plastic wrap portion out 1 cup of the Mac and cheese. Flatten slightly and then gently place the egg on top. Using the plastic wrap mold the Mac and cheese around the egg to cover it completely. Twist the top of the plastic wrap and shape. Place in the fridge or freezer until the Mac and cheese has set. Repeat with remaining pasta and eggs.
- In a deep pot heat up vegetable oil to 375˚F
- Remove the eggs from the fridge and dip each in the flour, then beaten egg and finally the Panko bread crumbs. Place in the hot oil and fry until golden. Transfer to a paper towel to drain.