- 8 ounces macaroni noodles
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 6-8 Ritz crackers, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix cracker crumbs, one tablespoon of melted butter, and 1/2 cup of shredded cheese. Set aside.
- Cook macaroni in salted water according to package instructions, until al dente. Drain and bring back to the pot. Stir and coat the cooked macaroni in the remaining melted butter and beaten egg. Then mix with milk and the remaining shredded cheese, add a tablespoon of flour and stir.
- Spoon the mixture equally into a greased donut pan. Sprinkle the tops with the cracker crumb and cheese mixture.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown and the donuts feel more firm.