- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons almond powder
- 1 teaspoon powdered green tea
- 4 egg whites
- 2 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- To garnish:
- Melted chocolate
- Dried berries
- Crushed pistachios
- Cut the container of ice cream in half. Set aside.
- Make macaron dough: Sift powdered sugar, almond powder and green tea together. Whisk sugar and egg whites until meringue is formed. Fold dry mixture into the meringue, then transfer to a piping bag.
- Pipe dough onto a lined cookie sheet. Allow to dry for 30 minutes. Place in oven at 250 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Place an ice cream half on a macaron then top with another macaron.
- Dip in melted chocolate and garnish with dried berries and pistachios.