- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup fresh raspberries, diced
- Powdered sugar, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small saucepan, melt the entire stick of butter. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- In a stand mixer or with a hand mixer, whisk eggs, 1/3 cup sugar and vanilla on medium speed until they double in size and turn light yellow, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, sift the salt, 1/3 cup sugar and flour together. Gradually fold the flour into the egg mixture one-third at a time. Pour the cooled, melted butter into the batter and gently combine.
- Coat a madeleine mold with cooking spray. Gently pour batter into each cookie mold up to the edge. Place a few diced up raspberries into each mold. Bake for 14 to 17 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven. Using a butter knife, gently loosen cookies around the edges. Place a cooling rack over the top and turn cookie pan upside down, revealing the signature scalloped tops of the madeleines. Garnish with powdered sugar. Enjoy!