- 1 cup water
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup raspberries
- Oil, for frying
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 stick butter, melted
- Chocolate ice cream
- Vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup strawberries, diced
- Strawberry ice cream
- Marshmallow fluff
- In a small sauce pot, add water and sugar.
- Cook on medium-high heat, whisking, until sugar has dissolved.
- Add fresh raspberries.
- Bring to simmer and cook for 25 to 30 minutes until reduced by almost half to a thick syrup.
- Chill in an ice bath to allow to thicken.
- Set aside.
- Preheat cooking oil in a heavy-bottomed pot.
- In a large bowl, add flour and sugar; whisk until evenly combined.
- Add milk, vanilla, egg and butter. Whisk until combined.
- Transfer batter to a piping bag.
- Pipe batter into hot oil, moving bag back and forth to create a ribbon of batter.
- Allow to cook on both sides until golden brown.
- Place on paper towels to drain.
- Using a sundae dish, add 1 scoop chocolate ice cream, raspberry syrup, 1 scoop vanilla ice cream, diced strawberries and 1 scoop strawberry ice cream.
- Break off pieces of funnel cake and place on top of the strawberry scoop.
- Using a rubber spatula, spread marshmallow fluff on top.
- Use a kitchen torch to toast the marshmallow fluff if desired.