- 2 cups Malt Balls
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups unbleached all purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups homo-milk
- Melted butter
- 4 cups chopped dark chocolate, plus extra for decorating
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 4 tablespoons malt powder
- Whipped cream
- Place the malt balls in a clean dish towel and using a rolling pin, crush them until the pieces are no bigger than a pea. For the crepe batter, whisk eggs and salt in large bowl. Gradually whisk in flour, then milk. Strain into medium bowl. Let stand 1 hour or best if overnight.
- Heat nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Brush with melted butter. Pour 1/3 cup batter into skillet and swirl to coat bottom evenly. Cook until top appears dry, loosening sides of crepe with spatula, about 45 seconds. Turn and cook until brown spots appear on second side, about 30 seconds. Turn crepe out onto plate. Repeat with remaining batter, brushing skillet with butter and stacking crepes on plate.
- For the chocolate fudge melt together the dark chocolate, condensed milk and milk over a double boiler. Once melted and smooth whisk in the malt powder. To build, layer a crepe on a plate and spread a few tablespoons of the malted fudge over top, spread. Sprinkle a bit of the crushed malt ball. Add another crepe and repeat the process until desired height. Top with remaining fudge, whipped cream, some shaved dark chocolate and crush malt balls.