- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- cooking spray, for frying pan
- neon liquid food coloring
- Whipped cream
- rainbow sprinkles
- Make the pancake batter: Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a bowl. In a larger bowl, combine the milk, butter and egg and whisk until fully combined. Add the dry ingredients and whisk together, but make sure not to overmix. Some lumps are fine!
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat and spray with cooking spray. Dollop 2-3 tbsp of batter onto the frying pan and smooth the surface with the spoon. Drop several drops of food coloring onto the pancakes and swirl with a bamboo skewer. Cook until the surface of the pancakes develop some bubbles, about 1-2 minutes.
- Flip and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes, or until the surface has browned.
- Serve with whipped cream and rainbow sprinkles, and enjoy!