Blackberry Sage Margarita
- 5 fresh sage leaves
- 8 medium blackberries or 5 strawberries, plus more for garnish
- 2 ounces silver tequila
- 1 ounce lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 dash orange bitters
- Dried sage leaves, optional, for garnish
- Dry ice, optional
- In a cocktail shaker, combine sage and strawberries. Muddle till broken down and fragrant.
- Add tequila, lemon juice, maple syrup and bitters. Shake until mixed.
- If using dry ice, pour the cocktail over it for dramatic effect. Handle dry ice with caution and DO NOT drink until ice has dissolved completely.
- If using dried sage, pour the mixture over regular ice, garnish with dried sage and light the tip on fire right before serving.