- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 ½ tsp water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 200g (1 ½ cups) caster sugar
- 190ml (¾ cup) boiling water
- 2 tbsp gelatin
- 190ml (¾ cup) cold water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup funfetti sprinkles
- 200g (1 cup) good-quality dark chocolate chips
- 50g (1 cup) unsalted butter
- 50g (½ cup, packed) brown sugar
- 175ml (½ cup) thick (double/heavy) cream
- Add all ingredients except for the flour into a large mixing bowl and use a whisk to mix until really well combined.
- Add the flour and whisk to combine.
- Allow to sit for 10 minutes. This will help thicken the mixture, making it easier to use.
- Preheat a waffle iron on setting number 2 or on low.
- Spray the waffle iron with cooking oil. Place 1 tbsp of the mixture on the iron and close it. Cook until golden brown. About 40 seconds. Take out, use a large round cookie cutter to cut out circle shapes. Fold in half, then place upside down in a cupcake liner to help it keep its shape. Place on a tray and in the fridge to set for about 30 minutes.
- Add the cold water and gelatin into a small mixing bowl and mix using a fork until well combined. Set aside to rest.
- Next, add the boiling water and sugar into a saucepan. Use a whisk to mix for 3 minutes until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the gelatin and whisk gently until the gelatin is dissolved.
- Set the mixture aside to cool to room temperature for about 30 minutes.
- Add the cooled mixture to the bowl of a stand mixer and fit it with the whisk tool. Whisk on high speed for 10-12 minutes until the mixture triples in volume and resembles a thick glossy meringue. Add the vanilla extract at about the 5-minute mark.
- Add the mixture into a large piping bag and fill each taco up about half way.
- Sprinkle with funfetti sprinkles, then fill the tacos up the rest of the way.
- Chill in the fridge for 20 minutes to set.
- Add all the ingredients to a large, microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high, for 20 seconds at a time, mixing well between each interval until smooth.
- To thin out your sauce for things like drizzling on cupcake and cakes, simply microwave for 10 seconds at a time, stirring between each interval until it’s thin enough to drizzle.
- This sauce can be stored in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks in the fridge.
- Dip the top of the tacos in the chocolate sauce. Allow any excess to drip off the tacos before sprinkling with sprinkles.
- Chill for 20 minutes before serving.