- 1 cup mashed potatoes (with 1 tablespoon butter & 1 tablespoon milk)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 bar of dark chocolate
- Chopped pistachios
- Shredded coconut
- If you're using freshly made, warm mashed potatoes, mix in butter and milk. Put a wire mesh sieve over a large bowl and push potatoes through the sieve with a rubber spatula or spoon. This is how you get fine and fluffy mashed potatoes!
- Mix honey, cocoa and vanilla into the potatoes, adding more to taste. Make sure they're cool enough to form balls; refrigerate if necessary.
- Take a teaspoon of mashed potatoes, roll it into a ball and place on a large plate. Repeat with remaining potatoes. Freeze the balls for 30 minutes.
- Using the double boiler method or the microwave (in 15 second intervals), melt the dark chocolate, stirring often.
- Put a potato ball on a fork and dunk it in the chocolate, letting the excess drip off. Drop it in one of the toppings, roll it around and put it on a tray lined with wax paper. Repeat until all of the truffles are coated, then pop them in the freezer for 5 minutes to harden.
- Serve chilled.