From sweet to savory make matcha your match with these delicious recipes!
- 4 chicken thighs
- 6 tbsp salted butter
- 2 tsp matcha powder
- 2 tsp ginger, freshly grated
- 2 tsp garlic, freshly grated
- 1 tbsp scallion, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Lemon and onion slices for pan
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a small bowl, combine butter, matcham ginger, garlic, and chives.
- Thoroughly pat dry the thighs with a paper towel. Carefully loosen the skins, and spread the matcha butter mixture in between the skin and flesh. Spread any remaining butter over the skin.
- Season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat a cast-iron skillet on medium-high and drizzle some canola oil. Once hot, lay the thighs skin side down and let render, until the skin is slightly golden brown and crispy.
- Lift the thighs and place lemon and onion slices on the bottom of the pan. Place the thighs on top and pour ¼ cup of chicken broth into the pan. Roast for about 20 to 25 minutes, or until the meat is cooked and the juices run clear.
- 4 bananas, frozen
- ⅓ cup full-fat coconut milk
- 2 tsp agave
- 1 tbsp matcha powder
- In a small bowl, stir coconut milk, agave, and match. In a blender, combine frozen bananas, and the matcha mixture until smooth. It should look like soft ice cream. Transfer to a sealable container and freezer to firm up. Serve with sweetened red beans.