- 100 milliliters milk (any type will do)
- 8 scoops of vanilla ice cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 600 milliliters thickened cream (for whipping)
- 200 grams Philadelphia cream cheese
- Matcha paste
- 2 tablespoons matcha green tea powder + more to dust
- 2-4 tablespoons milk to form a paste
- Add thickened cream to a large metal mixing bowl. Whip on high using a hand mixer until cream thickens to stiff peaks that can hold their shape. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside in the fridge.
- Combine matcha powder and milk to create a paste. Use a kitchen brush to brush it on the inside of the glasses. Set aside.
- Add milk, ice cream, matcha powder, cream cheese and vanilla extract to a food blender and blend until everything is well combined. Pour into your serving jar.
- Fit the end of your piping bag with a 1M tip and fill with whipped cream. Pipe on top of your milkshake. It may sink a little. One way to prevent this is to pipe starting in the centre and make your way around the outside of the jar so that the cream sticks to the glass and then continue piping to create a cone effect.
- Dust with matcha powder and finish off with a serving straw.
- Shakes are best served fresh.