- 100 grams walnuts
- 150 grams medjool dates
- 2 tablespoons ground almonds
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 11/2 teaspoons Just Matcha green tea
- 2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla paste
- 100 grams dark chocolate, melted and cooled (at least 70 percent cocoa solids)
- 2 tablespoons preserved ginger, diced (optional)
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder, for dusting
- 1 tablespoon teaspoon matcha tea, for dusting
- Line a 22 centimeters x 10 centimeters loaf tin with cling film.
- Place the walnuts in a food processor and pulse for a couple of seconds. Ideally you still want some texture to the nuts. Add the dates and blitz again.
- Add the ground almonds, cocoa, Matcha, honey, vanilla and melted chocolate.
- Pulse again until all the ingredients are incorporated and paste-like.
- Remove the blade, add the ginger if using and mix to combine.
- Roll the mixture up into small balls about the size of a cherry tomato and cover with matcha powder.
- You can store these in the fridge for up to 1 week.