- 1 loaf egg bread, crusts removed
- White chocolate squares
- Fresh raspberries (+ extra for topping)
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon matcha green tea powder
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Freshly whipped cream
- Matcha green tea powder, for dusting
- Slice the egg bread into 4 large slices and slice a little pocket into the side of each slice. Stuff each pocket with white chocolate and raspberries. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and add the matcha green tea powder. (Note: to avoid to spotty matcha colouring like in the video, heat 1/4 of the milk and dissolve the matcha in that first, then add to the egg mixture with the remaining milk. I totally forgot about this when I was filming! Agh!) Add the milk and whisk until fully combined. Place the slices of bread into the mixture and soak on each side for 5 minutes.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the bread and cook on each side for 2-3 minutes, until golden. Remove the pan from the heat, place a lid on the pan and allow the bread to cook in the residual steam for 5 minutes.
- Top the French toast with some whipped cream and dust with matcha green tea powder. Add a couple raspberries and enjoy!