- 1 teaspoon matcha
- 4 tablespoons hot water
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon agar-agar powder
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 6 pieces rice flour dumplings (Shiratama)
- 12 black beans
- Dissolve matcha in hot water.
- In a muffin pan, line each of 3 openings with a piece of plastic wrap. In each opening, add a dumpling and 2 black beans.
- In a small pot, add the matcha liquid and water, granulated sugar and agar-agar powder. Bring to a boil, mixing well with a spoon. Allow to cool.
- Pour the cooled mixture over each dumpling. Gather up the mixture in the plastic wrap and twist and secure well with an elastic band. Place the wrapped liquid in a bowl of cold water to set and cool. Repeat with remaining ingredients.