Matcha Mousse Sheep Meringue
Baa! What sweet treat is hiding in this meringue sheep?
- 75ml milk
- 35g white chocolate
- 30g sugar
- 10g matcha powder
- 4g gelatin
- 100ml heavy cream
- 50ml heavy cream
- 50g adzuki beans, boiled
- 60g egg whites
- 80g granulated sugar
- 20g powdered sugar
- 15g cornstarch
- Food coloring (black), as needed
- Black icing, as needed
- White icing, as needed
- Soak the gelatin in cold water, then thoroughly drain off any excess water.
- Whip the heavy cream for Matcha Mousse until soft peaks form.
- Combine matcha powder and sugar. Mix and set aside.
- Make the Matcha Mousse and set it aside.
- Pour the Matcha Mousse batter into silicone mold, filling about 1/3 of the way.
- Pipe a small dollop of adzuki cream into each mold, then pour over the rest of the matcha Matcha Mousse.
- Let chill in the freezer until solid.
- Remove the mousse from the mold.
- Sift together powdered sugar and cornstarch.
- Make sheep eyes with black and white icing. Set them aside.
- To make Meringue Batter, put egg whites in a bowl and mix in granulated sugar in 3 additions.
- Mix in powdered sugar and cornstarch to the meringue and gently mix until fully combined.
- Add black food coloring to 1/6 of the Meringue Batter.
- Transfer the black meringue batter to a piping bag with a round tip and the white meringue batter to another one.
- Pipe out the white meringue onto the surface of a round silicone mold in the shape of a sheep.
- Bake for about 2 hours in the oven at 80° Celsius.
- Place the sheep meringue over the defrosted mousse and attach the sheep eyes and ears with icing.
Live classes hosted by top food & beverage pros RSVP HERE