- 6 whole strawberries, hulled
- 240 grams shiro an (white bean paste)
- 100 grams shiratamako ( sweet rice flour )
- 50 grams sugar
- 2 teaspoons matcha powder
- 160 milliliters water
- Potato starch
- Matcha powder
- Salted sakura petals
- Gold leaf
- Divide shiro an into six equal portions. Place one portion on top of a sheet of plastic wrap. Top it off with one whole strawberry. Wrap tightly.
- In a bowl, combine shiratamako, sugar, 2 teaspoons matcha powder and water and mix well. Cover with plastic wrap and microwave for 2 1/2 minutes at 600 watts. Mix until smooth.
- Once the mochi has cooled enough to touch, divide into six equal portions. Place the mochi onto a tray lined with a liberal dusting of potato starch. Flatten into a round shape. Place strawberry and shiro an onto the mochi and wrap into a ball.
- Transfer to a serving plate and dust with matcha powder. Garnish with salted sakura petals and gold leaf.