Matcha Strawberry Trifle
These pretty treats start with a matcha-soaked cake topped with strawberries, matcha, and sweet cream cheese.
- 12 strawberries
- 2 tablespoons matcha powder
- 200 milliliters water
- 20 grams sugar
- 3 grams gelatin
- 150 grams cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 150 grams heavy cream
- 20 grams granulated sugar
- 3 slices castella sponge cake
- Additional matcha for decoration
- Take off stems off strawberries. Cut strawberries in half and set aside.
- Cut out castella cakes to fit your individual serving cups. Put the cake inside the cups, pushing it all the way to the bottom.
- Combine matcha, water and sugar and mix well.
- Pour 1 spoonful of matcha mixture onto the sponge cake and let it soak in.
- Combine gelatin into the rest of the matcha mixture and microwave until just warm. Mix until gelatin has completley dissolved and regrigerate until mixtures thickens.
- Arrange strawberry halves on top of the sponge cake.
- Combine cream cheese, heavy cream and granulate sugar and beat until stiff. Transfer cream mixture into the cups, leaving a well in the center.
- Pour in thickened matcha into the wells, then cover with more of the cream cheese mixture.
- Finally, decorate with a liberal sprinkling of matcha powder.