- 25 grams matcha powder, sifted
- 200 milliliters heavy cream
- 90 grams white chocolate
- 30 grams butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 whole egg
- 1 tablespoon flour, sifted
- 100 grams prepared sweetened adzuki beans
- Heat heavy cream in a saucepan over low heat until simmering. Turn off the heat. Add the white chocolate and butter to melt. Mix until smooth.
- Combine flour, matcha powder, whole egg and one egg yolk and mix well.
- Line a slender pound cake tin with parchment paper. Layer adzuki beans on the bottom, making sure it's nice and flat. Pour in the matcha mixture. Make a water bath and bake for 30 minutes at 150 degrees C. Take out of the oven and let it cool completely. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Take out of the mold and slice into individual portions. Serve with chipped cream and a sprinkling of matcha powder if desired.