- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 ear of corn
- 15 oz can of black beans
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 3 tbsp of cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- 12 oz shrimp (optional)
- Chop garlic clove and add to medium sized bowl with rinsed quinoa. Add chicken broth, cover and microwave for 8 minutes, or until broth is completely absorbed. Bowl may be hot when done.
- In the meantime, dice the bell pepper. Cut the corn off the cob by placing the corn vertically on the center of a bundt pan, and cut downwards so the kernels fall into the pan.
- Add bell pepper, cooked quinoa and black beans.
- Use scissors to cut cilantro and green onions over the pan.
- Slice and juice the whole lime, then mix all the ingredients together.
- Optional: top with grilled shrimp.