- For the potatoes:
- 2 (24-ounce) bags petite red or white potatoes, washed and halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 6 tablespoons Frank’s hot sauce, divided
- 2 tablespoons your favorite BBQ sauce, divided
- For the dip:
- 2/3 cup Daisy sour cream
- 1 ripe avocado, scooped out and pit removed
- 1/4 cup freshly torn cilantro
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons white vinegar
- To make the potatoes: Preheat oven to 425 degrees, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread potatoes evenly on the parchment paper and top with oil, garlic powder, salt, chili powder, 3 tablespoons of the Frank’s hot sauce and 1 tablespoon of BBQ sauce. Massage all together, spread out evenly again and roast for 25 to 30 minutes until potatoes are golden brown and crisp.
- Prepare the dip: In a food processor or using an immersion blender with a cup attachment, blitz together the sour cream, avocado, cilantro, salt and vinegar. Pour into a serving bowl and set aside.
- Remove potatoes from oven and immediately toss with remaining 3 tablespoons of hot sauce and 1 tablespoon of BBQ sauce. (For a less spicy potato simply skip this step.)
- Serve hot potatoes alongside avocado sour cream dip for a delicious side dish.