- 20 grams niboshi dried sardines
- 5 grams konbu (dried seaweed)
- 400cc water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 200 grams cooked rice
- 30 grams mentaiko
- Korean roasted seaweed
- 1 perilla leaf, cut thinly
- Rice cracker
- Cook the dried sardines in a saucepan for 30 seconds. Add in the konbu sheet and water and simmer for 30-40 minutes.
- Take the konbu sheet out and bring stock to a boil.
- Turn heat down to low and continue cooking for another 5 minutes.
- Put rice cracker in a ziploc bag and crush.
- Cut mentaiko into bite-sized pieces.
- In a bowl, put in cooked rice. Top if off with mentaiko, Korean roasted seaweed and perilla leaves.
- Pour the stock over everything.
- Sprinkle on the crushed rice cracker.
- Char the tops of the mentaiko pieces with a burner if desired. (optional)