- 4 large Granny Smith apples, washed and dried
- 1 (14-ounce) bag caramels
- 2 to 3 tablespoons water
- 8 large marshmallows
- 2 cups melted milk chocolate
- 2 cups melted white chocolate
- 8 yellow jelly beans
- 2 cups red sugar sprinkles
- Remove the stems from the apples and wash very well to remove any excess wax. Push popsicle sticks into each apple until secure.
- In a pot, combine the caramels and water. Stir over medium-low heat until smooth. Dip the apples into the caramel until well covered.
- Using scissors, trim off the edge of the marshmallows to create the ears. While the caramel is still warm, add 2 marshmallows to the top of each apple to create the iconic mouse ears. Place the caramel-covered apples on a sheet tray and allow them to set in the refrigerator. Use the scissors to trim off any excess caramel.
- Next, carefully dip the apple into the milk chocolate until fully covered. Set aside until hardened.
- Dip the bottom half of each apple into the white chocolate. Place two jelly beans in the middle of the white chocolate half. Cover the white chocolate with the red sugar sprinkles. Allow all the layers to dry well before eating. Enjoy each magical bite!