- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon powdered gelatin
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 cups birdseed
- Fresh cranberries
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 4 mini bundt pans
- Pour the warm water into a pot and sprinkle the gelatin on top. Set to medium heat and whisk until the gelatin has fully dissolved. Add the corn syrup and flour and whisk until fully combined and lump-free. This will resemble a thick paste. Add the birdseed and mix with a spoon until fully combined.
- Spray the mini bundt pans with non-stick cooking spray and, if desired, place some fresh cranberries in the bottom. Spoon the birdseed mixture on top, packing it firmly into the pans. Once the pans are filled halfway, place some string around the inside of the pans, with both ends meeting and hanging out of the pans. Fill the pans with more birdseed and press down firmly. Transfer the pans to the fridge to chill until set, about 30 minutes - 1 hour.
- Turn the bird feeders out onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Return to the fridge and allow them to dry overnight.
- Tie the ends of the string together to form a knot. Feed some ribbon through the center of the bird feeders and tie the string around the base of the ribbon - this will strengthen the bird feeders and prevent them from crumbling once they are partially eaten. Tie a knot at the top of the ribbon and hang on a tree for the birds to enjoy!