- 1 1/2 cups plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon Earl Grey & lavender loose leaf tea
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/2 lemon zested and juiced
- 1 teaspoon water, plus more as needed
- Fresh lavender petals or dried lavender
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Place the oven rack in the middle. Lightly grease the donut pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and tea leaves. Set aside.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, butter and vanilla. Add the flour mixture. Using a hand mixer on low speed, mix until just combined.
- Pour the batter into an 18-inch pastry bag. Cut the tip off the end, and pipe the batter into each mini donut mold, filling them two-thirds full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 18 to 20 minutes, rotating the pans halfway through cooking. Remove from the oven, and set onto a cooling rack to cool completely before removing the donuts.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar, lemon zest, juice and 1 teaspoon of water. Add an additional 1 teaspoon of water at a time until desired consistency is reached. Dip the rounded side of each donut into the glaze. Place onto the cooling rack.
- Garnish with fresh lavender petals or with a sprinkling of dried lavender.