- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup dark cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Chocolate sprinkles
- Your favorite chocolate ice cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place oven rack in the middle. Lightly grease the donut pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, chocolate chips, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, butter and vanilla. Add the flour mixture. Using a hand mixer on low speed, mix until just combined.
- Pour the batter into an 18-inch pastry bag. Cut the tip off the end and pipe the batter into each mini donut mold, filling them two-thirds full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 16 to 18 minutes, rotating the pans halfway through cooking. Remove from the oven, and set on a cooling rack to cool completely before removing the donuts.
- In a medium mixing bowl set over a saucepan of barely simmering water, add the chocolate and cream. Stir occasionally until fully melted and smooth. Remove from the heat. Cool. Dip the rounded end of each donut into the ganache and place back onto the cooling rack. Garnish with chocolate sprinkles. Repeat with the remaining donuts.
- Allow the ganache to set.
- Cut each donut in half crosswise. Put a small scoop of chocolate ice cream on the bottom half. Lightly press the top half onto the ice cream. Garnish with additional sprinkles. Serve immediately.