- 1 bunch fresh mint, torn by hand
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup whipped cream
- 5 tablespoons mint liqueur
- 7 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 3 1/2 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted (for dipping the cones)
- Ice cream cones
- In a saucepan, boil mint with 2 cups of water and reduce by half. Strain, return the liquid to the pan and add the sugar. Allow to boil until it becomes a light syrup. Set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk the egg whites, and gradually add the mint syrup until it becomes a meringue. Set aside.
- Add whipped cream to a bowl, and gently stir in the mint meringue. Add the mint liqueur and chopped chocolate, mix, and place in freezer for 6 hours.
- Dip the tops of the ice cream cones in the melted chocolate, allow to drip a moment, fill with ice cream and serve.