- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon Peppermint extract
- 2 drops green food coloring
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon corn flour
- 2 table spoons finely chopped dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 235F and line 2 baking trays with parchment paper.
- Put the egg whites in a dry medium sized bowl and whisk until soft peaks form. Gradually add in the sugar one tablespoon at a time until fully incorporated.
- Add in the peppermint extract and food color. Continue whisking until the sugar has dissolved and the meringue is thick and glossy.
- Whisk in the corn flour and chocolate.
- Drop heaped tablespoons onto prepared trays and reduce oven temperature to 200F.
- Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until they are crisp and hollow. Turn off the oven and leave the meringues to cool with the door ajar.
Live classes hosted by top food & beverage pros RSVP HERE