- For dough:
- 1 1/4 cups glutinous sweet rice flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup and 1 tablespoon hot water
- Frying oil
- Combine all ingredients for dough except hot water and mix well. Slowly add hot water and keep mixing with a spatula. It should look really wet. Cover and set aside for 1 to 2 hours.
- Mix dough again with a spatula. Dough should be more formed now.
- Brush a thin layer of oil on a cookie sheet. Heat frying oil to 350°F over high heat.
- Meanwhile, divide dough into 14-16 little doughnuts. Roll them with the palms of your hands and place on oiled cookie sheet.
- Place doughnuts one by one into hot oil, about 4-6 at a time. They will increase in size, so do not crowd pot. As soon as doughs puffed up, turn off heat and keep frying until fully cooked and golden, about 3-4 minutes. Continue to rotate evenly in oil to ensure even cooking.
- Remove from pan, drain excess oil and roll in sugar. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Enjoy!