- 40 grams black sesame paste
- 250 milliliters soy milk
- 20 grams granulated sugar
- 5 grams powdered gelatin
- 1 tablespoon water
- 80 milliliters cream
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Shiratama (mochi balls)
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- Cherfil or mint
- Sprinkle gelatin on water and set aside.
- In a saucepan, combine sesame paste, soy milk and sugar and cook until a slow simmer. Turn off the heat and add in the gelatin and mix until dissolved. Put saucepan over a bowl of ice water and cool until mixture thickens.
- Combine cream and maple syrup and whip until stiff peaks. Transfer cream into a piping bag.
- Pour sesame paste mixture 1/3 of the way into glass ramekins. Pipe cream onto the center of the sesame paste mixture. Pour the rest of the sesame paste mixture all the way to the top. Refrigerate until firm.
- Invert onto serving plates and serve with maple syrup and shiratama mochi balls.