DIY Movie Night Popcorn Station
Movie night isn't legit without popcorn, but this adorable DIY popcorn bar takes it to a whole new level.
- 3-5 cups of Popcorn Kernels (depending on your party size)
- 6 tablespoons Vegetable oil
- 2 cups of Salted Butter, melted
- Dulce De Leche
- Limes, quartered
- Candy toppngs of your choice: M&Ms, Liquorice, Pretzels, gummies etc.
- Popcorn Basket
- Popcorn bags
- Containers for toppings (mason jars)
- 3 Plastic Squeeze bottles
- Chalkboard Stick-on Labels
- Chalkboard markers
- Crepe Paper
- Begin by making up all your popcorn. In a large pot over medium heat, heat up 2 tablespoons of oil. Pour in 1/2 a cup of kernels and then place the pot lid on top. Secure the pot lid down and every 30 seconds lift and shake the pot to heat the kernels evenly. Once they begin popping, shake continuously until you can count 5 seconds between pops. To avoid burning, pour the popcorn out right away and into the large basket. Repeat with remaining kernels only using 1/2 cup at a time.
- For the toppings, pour each type of candy into a separate mason jar or container. Place the limes in a small bowl.
- To make the butters, divide the melted butter into thirds, placing 2 of the thirds into mason jars. In one mason jar add a few tablespoons of sriracha. In the second mason jar add a few tablespoons of warmed dulce de leche. Screw on both the lids and shake until well mixed, then using a funnel pour each flavour of butter into a separate squeeze bottle and screw on the top.
- This next step is optional: to add more visual appeal to the set up, wrap each squeeze bottle with crepe paper and tape to secure. Then write labels using the chalkboard marker for each of the butters and the toppings.
- Set up the popcorn station by grouping all the toppings, butters and setting up the individual popcorn bags.