- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, for dusting
- 1 pound prepared pizza dough
- 1 pound mozzarella, shredded
- 4 tablespoons salted butter
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Romano cheese, grated
- Salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the pizza dough into a rectangular shape. Cut into 6 to 8 equal portions. Roll out and stretch each piece into a longer portion.
- Sprinkle some mozzarella cheese throughout the center length of each piece. Close and pinch the edges together to form a log-shaped dough. Repeat the process for each portion.
- Carefully tie each portion into a knot.
- Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet, and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan on medium heat, combine butter, garlic, and parsley until fragrant. Taste and add salt, if needed. Remove from heat.
- Once the knots are done, toss in garlic butter, sprinkle with Romano cheese, and serve immediately.