- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 pound cremini mushrooms (or mixed mushrooms) chopped
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- Handful basil leaves, chopped
- Handful parsley, chopped
- Grated Parmesan cheese, to top
- Salt and black pepper
- Add the onions and garlic to a large skillet with olive oil. After the onions become translucent, add the mushrooms and season with salt and pepper. Raise heat to high and saute until mushrooms are tender and all the liquid has evaporated. Remove pan from heat and pour in the white wine. Return pan to stove and allow wine to evaporate. Add chicken broth and simmer for 1/2 hour until the sauce has reduced by half.
- Take off heat and add heavy cream. Mix. Add the fresh herbs, mix, and top with Parmesan cheese.