- 2 strips thick-cut, sugar-free bacon
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup onion, minced
- 1 small sweet potato, diced in small cubes
- 2 pasture-raised eggs
- Avocado, to garnish
- In a skillet on medium-high heat, add bacon to pan and cook until bacon is just a little less cooked than your desired doneness. Remove bacon but leave bacon drippings in the skillet.
- Reduce heat to medium and add garlic and onion to the skillet. Sauté for 1-2 minutes, stirring regularly to avoid burning. Add sweet potato to pan. (If your bacon does not provide enough cooking fat, you can add ghee or coconut oil to the pan if desired.)
- Increase heat to medium-high and cook hash mixture until potato edges become slightly crispy.
- While hash cooks, chop your bacon into chunks. When your hash is close to being done, add bacon to the hash and mix well. Let cook for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Remove hash from pan and transfer to a serving bowl. Cover with foil to seal in heat.
- Crack eggs into a cup or glass dish, one at a time. Add each egg to the skillet, reduced to medium heat. Flip eggs at desired doneness.
- Remove eggs from skillet and place on top of hash. Garnish with avocado.