- For the mochi
- 1 cup glutinous rice flour
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup ice cold water
- 1 vanilla bean, seeded
- For the filling
- 4 oz. semi sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream, almost boiling
- 12 small strawberries, stems removed
- Cornstarch, for molding and dusting
- In a medium bowl, pour hot heavy cream over chocolate chips and stir until everything is combined and chocolate has completely melted. Dip strawberries in chocolate to coat completely. Place strawberries on a parchment lined baking sheet and place in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes.
- In a medium microwave safe bowl, stir together all mochi ingredients until combined, (about one minute). Place bowl in microwave and cook on high for 4 minutes. Pour contents of the bowl onto a surface that’s been dusted lightly with cornstarch. Allow to cool for 5 minutes. Using a knife or bench scraper, cut into 12 even pieces. Lightly dust hands with cornstarch. Take one piece of mochi dough and roll into a ball then flatten out into a pancake shape. Place one chocolate covered strawberry onto mochi and wrap dough around. Dust with more cornstarch if too sticky. Serve and enjoy!