- 4 oz. semi sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream, almost boiling
- 12 small strawberries, stems removed
- Cornstarch, for molding and dusting
- 1 cup glutinous rice flour
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup ice cold water
- 1 vanilla bean, seeded
- In a medium bowl, pour hot heavy cream over chocolate chips and stir until everything is combined and chocolate has completely melted.
- Dip strawberries in chocolate to coat completely.
- Place strawberries on a parchment lined baking sheet and place in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes.
- In a medium microwave safe bowl, stir together all mochi ingredients until combined (about one minute).
- Place bowl in microwave and cook on high for 4 minutes.
- Pour contents of the bowl onto a surface that’s been dusted lightly with cornstarch.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Using a knife or bench scraper, cut into 12 even pieces.
- Lightly dust hands with cornstarch. Take one piece of mochi dough and roll into a ball then flatten out into a pancake shape.
- Place one chocolate covered strawberry onto mochi and wrap dough around.
- Dust with more cornstarch if too sticky.
- Serve and enjoy!