- 800g digestive biscuits, or any tea biscuits
- 1 cup pecans toasted slightly chopped.
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup water.
- 2/3 cup butter.
- 115g dark chocolate
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 200ml chocolate sauce
- In a deep bowl, break the biscuits into small pieces and set aside.
- Add the cocoa powder, butter, water and sugar into a large microwave safe bowl, microwave for 20 seconds at a time, mixing each time until smooth.
- Pour syrup over biscuit pieces and mix well, fold in chopped pecans.
- Press the biscuit mixture in a 9inch springform pan lined with parchment paper. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Place the dark chocolate and cream into a large microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 20 seconds at a time, mixing each time until smooth. Allow to set for 1 hour.
- Pipe the set ganache onto the cake and use a small off set spatula to spread around. Then pipe some bulbs of ganache on top before drizzling the centre of the cake with chocolate sauce.