- 1 1/4 cup milk (for melting the chocolate) + 1 1/2 cup (to soak the cookies)
- 36 ounces chocolate chips
- 3/4 stick butter (6-7 tablespoon)
- 4 Maria cookie packages (about 19 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee
- First, prepare a springform pan and butter it so you're able to take the cake out smoothly after it's done!
- Pour 1 1/4 cups of hot milk in a bowl filled with the chocolate chips to melt them. Mix thoroughly until smooth. If the chocolate is too chunky, increase the temperature by heating it just a few seconds in the microwave. Add a tablespoon of room temperature butter to the mix.
- In a separate small bowl, heat 1 1/2 cups of milk until warm and add a small spoonful of instant coffee to boost its flavor. You could also add cognac in here too.
- Assemble your cake! Start by dipping a cookie into the bowl of milk, then place it along the edge of the pan. Do this with the rest of the cookies to cover the entire bottom. If you have empty spaces, fill them with small, soaked pieces of cookies.
- Add a layer of melted chocolate on top of the first layer of cookies. Spread it out with a spatula. Follow with another layer of soaked cookies and continue layering with chocolate and cookies, finishing with a chocolate layer last.
- Transfer the pan to the fridge and let it chill for about 2 hours.
- Take cake out of the fridge and release the sides of the springform pan. Serve with a glass of milk!