- 700ml thickened whipping cream
- 2 shots espresso shots
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 4 tbsp mascarpone
- 500g choc chip cookies
- Chocolate shavings
- 200g Dark chocolate
- 200ml coconut oil
- Use a large knife or bench scraper to scrape away the chocolate. It will roll into shards as you scrape it. Set aside.
- Add cream, espresso, vanilla bean paste, sugar and cocoa powder to a large mixing bowl. Use a hand mixer to whip to soft peaks. Add mascarpone and whip to stuff peaks.
- Add a layer of choc chip cookies on the bottom of a flat bottom, 8”, spring form cake tin. Break smaller pieces of cookies to fill in the gaps.
- Add 1/4 of the cream on top and use a small offset spatula to spread around.
- Repeat 3 times. Chill in the fridge overnight.
- Carefully remove the cake from the spring form pan.
- Drizzle with chocolate sauce and add chocolate curls on top.
- Cut into slices to serve.
- Add chocolate to a large microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 20 seconds at a time, mixing each time, until smooth.
- Add oil and mix in until well combined.
- Pour the chocolate onto the back of a flat baking tray. Allow to set at room temperature.