- Boxed cornbread mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 8 ounces white cheddar cheese, cut into 20 cubes
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Thinly sliced jalapeño, optional
- Prepare cornbread batter to package instructions.
- Spoon batter into greased brownie pan, just enough to cover the bottom. Place one piece of cheese in each compartment. Spoon remaining batter on top of cheese.
- Top with a jalapeño slice, sprinkle with shredded cheddar and bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until firm when lightly pressed on.
- Place pan on a wire rack and let cool for 5 minutes. Serve warm.