- 2 large eggwhites, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup cake flour, sifted
- 1 ½ cups dried unsweetened coconut, shredded or flaked
- ½ cup Nutella
- 200g dark chocolate (melted)
- ¼ cup hazelnuts
- Preheat an oven to 325F.
- Place hazelnuts onto a baking tray and bake for 10 min or until golden. Allow to cool completely. Roughly chop with a large knife. Set aside.
- Place egg whites, sugar and salt into a large mixing bowl. Whisk until mixture looks creamy (about 1 min). Add vanilla extract and flour and whisk until well combined.
- Add coconut and mix until well coated.
- Place about 1 tbsp of mixture into a mini silicone muffin tray. Poke a hole in the centre.
- Bake for 15-20 min or until golden brown.
- Once cooled down take out of the moulds. Fill the hole with Nutella and dip the bottom into melted chocolate. Place on a baking tray lined with baking paper and allow to set. Drizzle with melted chocolate and finished with a sprinkle of chopped toasted hazelnuts.