- 8 cups air popped popcorn
- 250 butter
- 200 grams brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 175 grams milk chocolate
- 1 cup nutella
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Chopped hazelnuts
- Preheat the oven to 200°F. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Pop your popcorn and place in a very large bowl. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine the butter, brown sugar, and corn syrup and cook over medium heat until it begins to boil. Allow to boil for about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the chocolate, Nutella, salt, and vanilla. Stir until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Pour the mixture over your popcorn, toss gently with a wooden spoon to evenly coat all the popcorn. Transfer the popcorn to the cookie sheets and spread out evenly.
- Place the cookie sheets in the oven and bake for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Switch the cookie sheets on the racks they are on halfway through the cooking time so they cook evenly on top and bottom. You can also stir it every 10 minutes so it's evenly coated and cooked. It should start to dry a little bit, if you find it still too moist you can add an extra 10 minutes or so. But since everyone's ovens are so different I recommend checking it at 20 minutes, then every 5 to 10 minutes after that so you don't overcook it.
- Remove from oven, give the popcorn a good stir, then allow it to cool completely. You can eat it once it cools down, or store in an air tight container for a few days.
Live classes hosted by top food & beverage pros RSVP HERE