These mini pancakes called 'ebelskivers' originate in Denmark and can be stuffed with whatever you like.
Nutella-Stuffed Mini Pancakes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, yolks and whites separated
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and room temperature
- Cooking spray
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk the egg yolks, then add the milk and butter. Add the flour mixture and whisk until well combined, but still lumpy.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Add 1/3 of the egg whites to the batter and gently fold to combine. Add the remaining egg whites and gently fold until just combined.
- Spray an ebelskiver pan with cooking spray and place on a stove set to medium heat. Once the pan is warm, spoon about 2 tablespoons of batter into each well. Dollop about 1 teaspoon of Nutella into the center of each well - placing the Nutella in a piping bag makes this MUCH easier! Spoon enough batter on top to seal the pancakes closed.
- Once the surface begins to bubble, flip over the pancakes using two skewers, so that the cooked side is facing up. Cook until the bottom turns golden brown.
- Transfer the pancakes to a plate and enjoy!