- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Campari (or rum)
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese, room temperature
- 10 strawberries, quartered, plus 4 additional (halved, quartered or sliced) for garnish
- 2 mandarin oranges or clementines, peeled and segmented
- 2 pinches of fine salt
- 2 cups semolina flour
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Powdered sugar, for dusting
- Orange sorbet or whipped cream for serving
- Preheat oven to 330 degrees. Prepare a springform pan with butter.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the sugar, olive oil, eggs, Campari and mascarpone cheese. Add the strawberries and mandarins and stir to combine. Add the flours, baking soda and salt, mixing until completely incorporated.
- Pour mixture into the buttered springform pan, leaving 1/2 to 1 inch of space at the top. Place in oven for about 1 hour 15 minutes, or until light brown in color. Cheesecake is done when a chopstick inserted into the top pulls out with the residue of olive oil, but no raw or partially cooked flour clumps. Allow to cool for at least an hour. Dust with powdered sugar, garnish with strawberries and whipped cream before serving.