- 2 ready-made round cakes
- Your favorite buttercream frosting
- Blue & white food coloring
- Begin with 2 ready-made round cakes and your favorite buttercream frosting.
- Split the buttercream into 3 bowls. Add white food coloring to one, and blue to to the other two, making one bowl a darker shade of blue.
- Assemble the cake, layering buttercream on top of one cake, then topping with the other cake. Crumb coat the edges and place the cake in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- To decorate the cake, place each frosting in a separate bag fitted with a round nozzle. Pipe 6 dots of frosting up the cake, 2 of each color. Make sure they are evenly spaced; use a ruler if needed.
- Using a small palette knife or offset spatula, smear the frosting to the right. Repeat the process around the entire cake.