- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pink and purple food coloring
- Combine the flour and salt in a bowl. In a separate bowl, beat the butter with an electric mixer until pale and fluffy. Add the sugar and beat until combined. Then add the vanilla. Add the flour mixture and mix until just incorporated.
- Divide the mixture into 6 balls and dye them shades of pink and purple, starting with white, transitioning to light then medium pink, and ending with purple. Take half of each shade of dough and roll them into sausages, then stack them to create and ombre effect. Press together to form a disk, then wrap this disk and the remaining individual colors in plastic wrap and chill in the fridge until firm.
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface and cut out heart shapes with a cookie cutter. The individual colored dough will give you an ombre effect when lining up multiple cookies, and the ombre dough will create individually ombre cookies. Transfer to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and freeze for 10 minutes.
- Bake at 325F for 10 minutes, then cool on the cookie sheet. Enjoy!