SOUTHWESTERN CHICKEN QUINOA
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 chicken breasts, cubed
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 1½ cups quinoa, rinsed
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 15oz black beans, 1 can, drained and rinsed
- 15oz fire-roasted diced tomato, 1 can, not drained
- 1½ cups corn
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 avocados, diced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped, extra for garnish
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add diced chicken, salt, pepper, and cook thoroughly.
- Add garlic and jalapeño (leave the seeds in for extra spice).
- Add quinoa, chicken broth, beans, tomatoes, corn, chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper.
- Stir, then cover and simmer until quinoa is cooked through, roughly 30 minutes.
- Stir in cilantro and lime juice.
- Serve garnished with extra cilantro and diced avocado or divide into 4 food storage containers and store in the refrigerator. Can be kept refrigerated for up to 4 days.