- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 strips thick cut bacon, cut into lardons
- 3 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 2 cups heavy cream
- ¾ cup Parmesan, grated
- ½ cup Pecorino Romano, grated
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 pound spaghetti, cooked with ¼ cup pasta water reserved
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 (5-ounce) wheel of brie cheese
- 1 ½ cups breadcrumbs
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a frying pan on medium to high heat, sauté bacon pieces in olive oil until golden brown. Add garlic and cook just until fragrant. Reduce heat to medium to low, and then add heavy cream. Stir in Parmesan, Pecorino Romano, and pepper, simmer until mixture thickens slightly. Next, add cooked pasta and reserved pasta water, and mix thoroughly. Add lemon zest.
- Remove from heat. Cut brie wheel in half widthwise. Place halved wheels on top of the pasta, top with breadcrumbs, and bake for 10 to 15 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately. Pasta will keep up to 3 days covered in the fridge.